Description of Route 517
To St Helana East
Departs Terminus from Northland Bus Bay 3 and then runs via Hannah St, Murray Rd, Southern Rd, Waiora Rd, Lower Plenty Rd, Turnham Ave, to Rosanna Rail Station. Then via Turnham Ave, Station Rd, Rosanna Rd, Banyule Rd, Rutherford Rd, Winston Ave, Martins Lane (note NEW STOP at Martins Lane & Lyon Rd), Lower Plenty Rd, Yallambie Rd, Elonera Ave, Elder St, Henry St, Grimshaw St, Main St, St Helana Rd, Karingal Dve, Weidloch Rd, St Helana Rd, Wallowa Rd, Allendale Rd, Parry Rd, to the terminus at the corner of Parry & Ryans Rds.
Departs from Terminus at the corner of Parry & Ryans Rds and runs via Ryans Rd, Progress Rd, Weidloch Rd, Karingal Dve, St Helena Rd to Main St. Then via the reverse of the route description above.
Customers Please Note:
- Trips marked "M" indicate the buses pick up at Martins Ln. to LaTrobe Sec.College.
- Times marked "S" indicate the bus deviates from normal route along St. Helena Road to St. Helena Secondary College on school days only.
- Times marked "T" indicate buses arrive at Greensborough at least 5 minutes prior to the City train departure time shown on timetable
- Trips marked "W" indicate buses operate to St. Helena West.
- Trips marked "E" indicate buses operate to St. Helena East.
- Most buses from St. Helena to Northland will arrive at Greensborough and wait several minutes before departing at the time shown on the timetable. The actual travelling time between St. Helena West and Greensborough is about 11 minutes.
- There is no service on Sundays or Public holidays.
- Times may be subject to alteration without notice.
- A special timetable operates during the Christmas Holiday Period.
- Northland - Northland Shopping Centre, Bus Bay 3
- Rosanna - Rosanna Railway Station, in Turnham Ave
- Yallambie - Corner of Yallambie Rd & Elonera Ave
- Greensborough - Greensborough Shopping Centre in Main St
- St Helena East - Corner of Ryans Rd & Parry Rd